Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My First "What I Ate Wednesday" Plus BUGS

Did you know there is a difference between a stink bug and a lady bug? 



This is the "lesson of the day" I received from my lady bug loving daughter today when she showed me her two new friends after school. I'm a girl... a girly girl at that and frankly I don't care for bugs. Yet somehow I gave birth to a beautiful bug loving red headed little girl.  I'm thankful God gave her a fabulous heart, but I'm about tired of the pet bugs coming into our home. Most of the time, by the time they make it out of her pocket after a day at school they are dead sleeping! Of which she is naively convinced taking a swim in water will awaken them.




(To prove my point, as I was writing she brought me this little guy... plus his friend who fell on the floor and we have yet to recover and said "look mommy.. its a baby lady bug. I love him already!" MAKES.MY.SKIN.CRAWL.)


Doesn't that make you want to talk about food? :)




Pre-Workout Breakfast


We are usually in a hurry to get out the door in the morning. Between Hubs returning from the gym and getting ready for work, getting Carly ready and out the door to school and me eating and getting out the door to the gym breakfast needs to be quick and healthy!

Breakfast


After the gym I had a few bites of this... and an egg and cheese biscuit (not pictured)!


Lunch


Lunch was this lovely spinach salad with Gorgonzola, craisins and cashews topped with the most amazing dressing ever. Thank you Trader Joe's! While I was pregnant I craved this daily. Fresh Express makes a salad kit called Pear Gorgonzola. I use to buy that kit and hide the dressing from everyone just so I could have it on my salad each day. Then I discovered this beauty!


Afternoon Snack


After gymnastics we stopped for a special treat! Ice Dream at ChickfilA. Doesn't nice weather just make you want to sit outside and eat ice cream?


Dinner

Dinner was leftover from last nights amazing Meatless Monday meal. Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry (recipe to come) over jasmine rice. It is amazing! The best part? Carly ate it and Carter enjoyed the peas and sweet potatoes!



I rounded out at about 1630 calories for the day! Even got some greens in there in honor of "Goes Green!"


What do you enjoy doing with the family when the weather is nice?


No comments:

Post a Comment